If you’re a handyman, or a handywoman, around the house, you need the perfect set of supplies in your toolbox or fix-up bucket. Take a look at the list below to find the recipe of tools for fixing any clog in your home.
- Rubber gloves: purely for cleanliness and safety, you’ll want a fresh pack of rubber gloves in your toolkit so you won’t have to worry about harmful chemicals or rusty handles.
- Basic plunger: might seem like a no-brainer, but a basic plunger will solve a light toilet clog in seconds.
- Snake: professionals aren’t the only ones that can handle these things. A snake will solve most problems that a plunger won’t.
- Sink plunger: this handy tool looks like a basic plunger, only smaller to work its magic at your sink drain.
- Closet auger: this is similar to the snake mentioned above, but it’s made just for toilet clogs.
- Pipe wrench: this piece of metal is essential in plumbing, and is used in pairs to maximize leverage on pipe fixtures.
- Spud wrench: this is a larger version of the pipe wrench, made for working on sinks and toilets.
- Gaskets and O-rings: these tools might be simple, but they prevent water from leaving the faucet once it’s been turned off.
Once you create your perfect toolkit, your neighbors might be calling you for their next plumbing job!
* * *
The Unclog Blog is written & published by Thompson Plumbing Heating & Cooling
(Photo By: Elyob)